• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Special Effects?

Advocate ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to creating special effects for your text do you do it in Adobe InDesign or save that for Adobe Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

As you stated, I mean stacking multiple stokes and fills for the same text object.

Multiple strokes and fills on a single object are only available in Illustrator. In InDesign, you would need to have multiple objects. I suggest handling the effects in Illustrator, and then placing the finished artwork in InDesign. You can use the pencil button in Links panel to hop back to Illustrator if you realize you missed something, and when you return, the InDesign doc will reflect the latest changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to be more specific. For example, InDesign lets you create effects like drop shadow, glows, etc.

Illustrator lets you stack multiple fills and strokes for same text object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I should have been more concise with my question.

As you stated, I mean stacking multiple stokes and fills for the same text object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple strokes and fills on a single object are only available in Illustrator. In InDesign, you would need to have multiple objects. I suggest handling the effects in Illustrator, and then placing the finished artwork in InDesign. You can use the pencil button in Links panel to hop back to Illustrator if you realize you missed something, and when you return, the InDesign doc will reflect the latest changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might find this Photoshop online video course helpful: Photoshop for Designers: Type Effects

(You can get a 10-day free trial.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines