• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection Tool is painfully slow using trackpad in InDesign

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest 2017 version of InDesign on Mac Sierra OS (though I think the problem cropped up on 2016 version too) on a MacBook Pro.

In short, my trackpad/selection tool/text tool drags really slowly when on the pasteboard, to the point where it is actively slowing down my workflow and causing jobs to take far longer than they should.

I don't think it's a trackpad problem as it works fine in every other application, in Finder, in browsers etc.

In InDesign it returns to its normal speed when I am off the pasteboard (for instance, accessing panels or the toolbar, it reverts to how it should be) but on the pasteboard/working on a document, it's dreadful! I've trashed preferences, restarted etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you are using a mouse?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, I'd never tried it with a mouse but having just attached my old Magic Mouse, it's exactly the same problem using a mouse as the trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case it helps anyone, I appear to have located my problem and it seems a bit obvious now.

It was lag when using a second monitor. If InDesign was open in my bigger screen attached via HDMI, it lagged.

If I dropped it back over onto my laptop screen, the lag was gone.

Any experiences of second-screen lag for anyone...?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ED,

Can You please follow the workaround related to turning Off the preferences mentioned at InDesign CC 2017 slow

InDesign CC 2017 slow​ If that does not work please share your file with me, i need to investigate further.

You can share with me at monsingh@adobe.com

Thanks in Advnace.

Regards,

Monica Singh

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines