Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cineware: No Wireframe Preview

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since updating to AE CC 2017 release I am unable to preview Cineware files in After Effects using 'software' (wireframe etc) mode... Everything within my version of Cinema 4D Lite seems to be working fine. Can anyone tell me why this might be? Do I need to adjust some settings? It's really slowing down my workflow.

Thanks!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you're unable to preview, could you be more specific? Does it crash? Does it show nothing? Screenshots might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. It shows nothing. Literally just a blank screen, or at least missing the elements from the Cineware layer.

Render Settings 'standard' (draft):

Draft.png

Render Settings 'software' (wireframe):

Software.png

All of the 'Software' render settings behave in this way. Here's also a screen grab of my setup:

System.png

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not blank. Go to the bottom of your composition panel and crank the exposure up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the background to my composition. It's definitely not a wireframe of the C4D file, that's for sure.

Here are two more grabs with all other layers switched off.

Standard_solo.png

Software_solo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that makes things clearer, thank you.

What happens if you set your comp to full resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have sent you that in the first place.

At full resolution I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I never found a fix to this problem and am now back attempting to work with the Cineware… In December I wiped my laptop and reinstalled everything from scratch - I still cannot see wireframe previews in AE. Any new ideas that I could try in order to fix this? I have opened my project on another machine and the problem goes away, so it’s specific to my system it would seem.

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines