• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text tool problem

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, in just one document, my text tool now has a a small box around it and will not highlight anything, just create new text blocks. I have even closed, and re-opened the document, but that did not work.

Any ideas what might to wrong?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

I have no idea what I did, but the problem is solved. I just kept playing around with different tools, etc., figuring I couldn't do much harm, and all of a sudden it was gone.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you have an invisible (no stroke color; nor fill color) frame over your text frames? Is it possible that you have a layer that is locked or stacked on top so that it is "in the way" so to speak?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be right, but there is only one layer and it doesn't seem to be locked.

I just realized that this problem is only on one half of one page of the document, but I don't seem to be able to access that half with any tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you visited the Master page for that half of one page? Maybe an object is there?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem to be it. There are no master items. I would be happy just to move the one text block affected and re-place it to see if that helped the problem, but I can't get to it even access it with the selection tool.

There are two green guides just to the right of the back section, but they don't seem to be affecting anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea what I did, but the problem is solved. I just kept playing around with different tools, etc., figuring I couldn't do much harm, and all of a sudden it was gone.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines