• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hopelessly confused

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently paid for one year of photoshop cc and  lightroom . I need step by step basic help in getting everything going. I must have started off badly and I feel as If I need to start the whole process from the beginning. The various FAQ's mean very little to me and I am unable to find any help in basic layman's language that will help me. At this moment I'm having  a mountain of issues from inability to manage or sign into  my account or even know what has or has not been downloaded to several days of producing really bad prints with my macbook pro + el capitan photoshop cc 2017 and epson p 800 with calibrated Eizo monitor. Prints made via the Epson printing option are ok but the prints made via photoshop are really bad.

As a photographer who  been using CS 5 on an older OSX with  Epson r2400 very happily for several years  I am really flustered at my inability to make the change over and a little irked by the lack of DIRECT understandable set up help from Adobe. Its not a great beginning for the new policy of yearly /monthly fees!

Does anyone have the patience to help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is where you ask for help with getting your subscription to work

Download & Install instructions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003339 may help

-Cloud desktop http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-desktop.html

-Cloud Getting Started https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud.html

-Membership questions and problems https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1146459

-Also go to https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/creative_cloud_faq

When you have specific Photoshop and/or Lightroom questions, you need to ask in those forums

-Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks.

Unfortunately the first link " download and install instructions " is coming up as restricted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That discussion is locked, because people were wrongly asking questions in a message that is only to provide specific instructions, but being locked so you may not reply SHOULD NOT mean that you can't open the message for read only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly , but it appears to deny any access. Unless of course  there's another way of opening it.

I'm beginning to wonder if my questions are so basic that I'm never going to get straighforward answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barnaby,

I don't think John's reply was to you, just in general to the Adobe monitors.

As for your install issue, if you go to your applications folder, you should see what you currently have installed.

Regarding signing in, you should have a CC app that you can launch and it will bring up an icon in your menu bar, from there you can sign in, check your status of what is downloaded or needs to be.

For your printing issue, I too have an Epson P series printer and find that in the Print window, using "Photoshop Manages Color" in the Color Management along with choosing your Printer Profile and paper gives me accurate color prints.

While this isn't specific for your printer, it is the same steps for printing to an Epson, just substitute your printer in the choices:

Print from Adobe Photoshop CC to Epson 3880 photo printers - calpolyad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kstolmeyer1,

Thanks very much for your help. I'll give it a whirl today.

Something I didn't mention in my message is that although I recently bought a subscription I had been " messing around " with a pirated version of cc. Although I now see that this was dumb, I cannot uninstall or get rid of the evil versions and I figure they might be affecting the efficiency of the legit versions. I will possibly roast in hell for this sin but it was done in  a moment of weakness!

Any thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the second person in as many days that has posted on the forums with a similar situation. I'll tell you what the eventually "correct" answer was - back up your files and wipe your HD. Your "legit" CC may never work right until you do. The hacks used to pirate CC leave behind malicious resources that have to be removed first.

A fresh install of Mac OS and Adobe CC is your only option at this point or you will continue to experience major issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

drat! That'll teach me! Well lets see. If it has to be done it will be done.

There are other possibilities I guess. Rumour of a bug which some say no longer exists and some say otherwise - of course.

The issue of sudden color shifts in full screen seems to be  a known problem between Eizo and Mac but as yet no one seems to have an explanation

My past with pirates has never caused any problems. But perhaps times have changed. Either way thanks for the response.

My pirating days are over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines