• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is CC (2015) Everything Else is CC (2017).. and where is Dehaze?!

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC installed on my home machine, courtesy of the licence from my workplace (a University). We moved from the having each application installed from a package we would download, to via the Creative Cloud installer app, a few months ago. I had some troubles getting that to work, and had to do a lot of uninstalling/reinstalling to get anything to work at all (initially the problem was that the 'Apps' tab was missing from the Creative Cloud installer app).

Anyway, that is all just background.

Right now everything is working, however for some reason that I do not understand the 'Dehaze' feature is missing from my installation of Lightroom.

Another anomaly (which might explain the Dehaze one?) is that in the list of installed apps everything is on a '2017' version, except for Lightroom (see screenshot).

Dehaze has been really useful on lots of projects, so, would be nice to get this sorted.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Screenshot 2016-11-16 15.58.16.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lr cc 2015.7 looks like the latest version, at this moment.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop Lightroom]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dehaze should be available from the Effects tab in LR CC 2015.7

Have you by any chance also installed LR6 using a serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I've never used a serial number. As I explained we have used two different ways of installing CC on our Enterprise license. Formerly each app had its own installation package, latterly we were advised to remove those versions (which I did) and move to the CC installer app.

The version reported (as I put in a separate post) is "CC 2015 [1014445]" - not sure whether that is before or after 2015.7 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update. Start by signing out of the CC app Preferences (click gear icon) Then sign back in and await for everything to refresh. Install available update. Or try the direct download for LRcc2015.7/LR6.7

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating, system info should display: CC 2015.7 [1090788]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are starting to get to the kernel of the problem..

I have signed out/in again, and all the products reported 'up to date' next to them (I usually install updates as they become available so this is no surprise).

Hence it seems as if something is preventing LR from updating? Indeed the version that is installed is the version that the CC installer 'chose' to install itself, so it seems very weird that it would install an older one than the latest at time of installation.

I will attempt the direct download though, and see if that may work around this problem.

Does anyone know if the direct download version will work given that I do not have a serial number (my license, according to My Adobe, is 'Creative Cloud for Teams').

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will work. No serial number required for CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - many thanks 99jon. I will try the direct download and hope that gives me the update, and returns the lovely Dehaze feature!

Cheers    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or try from the LR menu bar:

Help >> Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that is grey'd out for some reason... I'll keep you posted once I have had chance to try the direct download version.

Screenshot 2016-11-16 17.24.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is actually a new/recent update available for the CC Desktop App - see image

CCapp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app hit the gear icon and "Check for App Updates"

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 2.25.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not resolved.

I've done all of the things suggested (signed out, signed in, check for updates in CC app, attempted to check for updates LR but greyed out, removed LR, reinstalled LR from direct download) - and I still have the same problem.

As you can see CC is reporting LR is 'Up to date'. However it is not up to date, the version installed is still CC 2015 [1014445]. Clearly something is preventing LR from updating properly.

So... ideas?

Screenshot 2016-11-17 14.35.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the 2015.7 update manually from Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall before doing the direct download? That is unnecessary. If so, you need to start over. You can copy and paste the links into your browser when signed-in with your Adobe ID.

Download and install LR CC 2015 using the following link:

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/osx10/Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg

Then download and install the 2015.7 patch

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.7/setup.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did uninstall LR using the CC app before reinstalling the directly downloaded version.

Didn't realise the update had to be manually installed.. I just tried that and got this:

Screenshot 2016-11-17 14.59.09.png

Having Google'd it, it seems the reason was this file:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Which contained:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Preferences>

<Suppressed>1</Suppressed>

</Preferences>

I removed the file.. and the update has installed gracefully, LR is up to date.. and I finally can Dehaze my photos.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help. You could now launch Creative Cloud desktop and check for updates; unless you have it set to automatic updates. That should keep everything in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 6.0/CC 2015.0 version is the only one with a full installer. The newer updates are much smaller patch installers that only replace what has changed since .0, so the initial install will always be the one prior to Dehaze, and will require an update. At least until the next major version of LR is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version number of your Lightroom? Go to Help->System Info and report the version number of your Lightroom. Do not use words like "current" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the version and license information from the system info dialog.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

For information here is the same data from my install of Photoshop. Both applications are maintained on my machine via the Creative Cloud app.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.0.0 20161012.r.53 2016/10/12:23:00:00 CL 1094006  x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom installation is clearly not up to date. You might want to reinstall the creative cloud application manager because it should accurately manage and install updates as they become available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines