• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes that apply only to the duplicate composition or copied and pasted and not also the other party, how do?

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if I download a template for after effects and I copy and paste a pre-dial or duplication ... because then when I make changes, such as the text, also changes the other side? How can I do to avoid that changes are also applied to the other party? Thank you very much friends.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

To make a duplicate comp unique you must duplicate the comp in the project panel.  If there are nested cops you need to duplicate those and then replace them. This can get very complicated. Learning how to use a flowchart will help but the easiest thing to do is buy a comp duplicator script and use that. I don't have time to dig up a link but AEscripts.com is a place to start.

Duplicating anything in the timeline does not give you a unique copy of that asset. This only give you a copy that you c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make a duplicate comp unique you must duplicate the comp in the project panel.  If there are nested cops you need to duplicate those and then replace them. This can get very complicated. Learning how to use a flowchart will help but the easiest thing to do is buy a comp duplicator script and use that. I don't have time to dig up a link but AEscripts.com is a place to start.

Duplicating anything in the timeline does not give you a unique copy of that asset. This only give you a copy that you can apply if it affects to or using a different way.

I hope that is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I settled with the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines