Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific resizing

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Please forgive my ignorance, but I am in dire need of help. Apologies if this is similarly posted elsewhere.

I need to resize images to very specific dimensions. They are 550x440 and 2880x2304. I have entered both these dimensions when exporting but always end up with one measurement off. I'm assuming this is to prevent distortion. However I still need these exact numbers to match up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so, so much!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

It's all good advice! The OP should be aware that if the desired custom Aspect Ratio is close (within two decimal places) to an existing Aspect ratio that's what LR will choose. This will cause the actual file dimensions to be slightly different. In this case both are exactly 1.25000000 so no issue.

Lightroom: I can't add (certain) custom crop ratios | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to try would be to create custom crop ratios that meet those dimensions. Crop the image first, and then export copies only specifying either the long side or the short side. But even then the exact pixel dimensions might not be realized if the crop ratio is close to another "standard" crop ratio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyc22923700 wrote:

I need to resize images to very specific dimensions. They are 550x440 and 2880x2304.

They are both exactly 1.25:1.00 or 8x10 Aspect Ratio.

Select that in the Crop tool 'Aspect' and center the image where you want it. As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should have calculated the ratios myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's all good advice! The OP should be aware that if the desired custom Aspect Ratio is close (within two decimal places) to an existing Aspect ratio that's what LR will choose. This will cause the actual file dimensions to be slightly different. In this case both are exactly 1.25000000 so no issue.

Lightroom: I can't add (certain) custom crop ratios | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines