• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects cc 2015 can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup after installing OS El Capitan

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I had to update my OS for my magic keyboard 2 to work properly but now for some reason I get this error with After Effects.

All the other cc 2015 programs still work fine.

Error "After Effects cc 2015 can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup".

What would be the easiest way to fix it?

Have some urgent deadlines so need to get it sorted.

Thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you upgraded your Mac OS, it's likely that you have permissions problems. Find your library folder and look for the Adobe folder in there. Set the folder AND ALL OF THE CONTAINED FOLDERS to be read/write.

Alternatively, simply rename it AdobeOLD or something. What will happen is that AE will recreate the folder with proper permissions when you launch AE again.

If that's not the issue (and even if it is) you should consider installing the CC 2015.3 release or the CC 2017 release of After Effects and see how they work for you. Much has been improved from the initial CC 2015 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines