• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF opens with hieroglyphics (only some documents!)

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader DC in a small business Windows Server 2008 R2 environment. I have had an issue with some PDFs that I am to open from Outlook opening in Adobe Reader DC with mixed up jumbled up text and hieroglyphics! This does not happen with all PDFs from Outlook it seems, so it doesn't appear Outlook is at least the main issue. I saved the document to my desktop and re-opened it, same issue. I forwarded the email to another colleague who is using the same Adobe Reader DC from our server profile, and they could open it just fine. I opened this same PDF in FoxIt PDF Reader, and it was totally clean, no hieroglyphics. It causes upset and takes up time to have to mess with these issues.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could post an example of such a PDF file, we could look at it and perhaps assist you. It may have to do with fonts that are referenced but not embedded in your PDF file in contrast to what fonts are installed on your Windows Server computer system.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I also have this same issue. can you solve it?

Thanks

Dominique

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines