• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IndesignCC 2017 Crashing during Package. MacOS El Cap

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this was a weird problem. I was trying to package several pieces for a job and every time I went to package it would get towards the end and crash.

I tried reinstalling InDesign, cleaning font caches, zapping P-Ram, repairing permissions, etc. Nothing worked.

In my troubleshooting, I then decided to copy everything locally, change the network from wifi to the hotspot on my phone and it miraculously worked! What could cause this? Would upgrading to Sierra provide a fix?

Many thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Have you submitted the crash report to crash reporter(The Adobe's dialog that shows up if any Adobe's Application crashes).

If not, please submit the same.

Also, please share the crash log (The one you will see after InDesign crashes for you),  the file working on which it crashes and the screenshot of the InDesign Workspace you are using.

You can send them directly to me pkandari@adobe.com

Regards

Pragya Kandari

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now sent you the requested items. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to make sure you received the files that I sent. This is a frustrating issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a month and a half and I'm still dealing with this. Is there anything you can suggest that I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to save indd to idml, open this idml save as indd and than do package from new indd.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this as well... Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to MacOS 10.12.2 and having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is doing the same with the same operating system. And this is just one of a handful of separate posts on this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines