• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Print Module will not print- is this a bug?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Macbook Pro, running Mac OSX Sierra (10.12.1), Lightroom 6 (6.1) and an Epson 3880 Printer. This set up has worked beautifully for three years.  Now this has stopped working. I can print to the printer from other applications (Export image-->Open in Preview--->print-->success) but not from Lightroom.

When I go to print I follow this workflow:

1. Check the page setup to select my printer and paper size here:Page_Setup_and_2016_WIS_US_Rock_of_Ages_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_-_Print.jpg
  2. Next I choose either PRINT or PRINTER from the bottom right of the screen. Usually I click PRINT and it works. Now I click PRINT and it appears as though a print job is being prepared but then nothing happens. The job never even appears in the print queue.
  3. When I choose PRINTER usually I can select PRINT from this dialogue box but instead I only see the SAVE option- not a PRINT option as seen here: Print_and_2016_WIS_US_Rock_of_Ages_lrcat_-_Adobe_Photoshop_Lightroom_-_Print.jpg

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software several times, no success.

I have uninstalled the software, restarted the computer, reinstalled the software several times, no success.

Additional information- when I choose PRINT SETTINGS, make the adjustments and click SAVE a dialog box opens asking me where I want to save- this has never happened before. (I thought when I saved the print settings it was saving information about my specific print job to a setting file-?) If I choose SAVE then Lightroom saves the current image I am working on as a PDF file. (WHY?!?!)

Any and all help is appreciated. I teach Photography in a high school and all the students are also using Lightroom about to move into a unit where they are printing their own images. I am hoping this is not a bug and simply...well, something I can fix, quickly.

The students are using various iMac models all with Lightroom 6.1 and Mac OSX El Captain (10.11.6). When I load my LR catalog on a student machine to print I do not have any errors. Same workflow as above EXCEPT when I choose PRINT SETTINGS on the student machines and click save there is no dialog box asking me where to save a file. I click PRINT and it prints as expected.

Can you help? Thank you- Kerri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?