Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reset Indesign preferences, tried all

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CS6 on Windows 10

In the middle of working in ID, I closed my laptop. When I came back and rebooted, I was suddenly unable to easily click and drag objects. The program lags and will only move items over a few mm at a time. Moving objects with the arrow keys still works fine.

I quit the program, restarted the computer, no change.

I have tried resetting my preferences by pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT, while it is launching, while in the program, and also immediately after closing it.

The dialog box to delete preferences never appears.

I have also tried finding the files manually, but have had no luck following the locations given in other answers.

Please help because this is cutting into my productivity and seriously harshing my vibe. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Please help us understand the issue in more detail.

Are you seeing the lag with one specific file or all files?

If this is file specific, please send one such file to me for further investigation @pkandari@adobe.com

If you are looking for cleaning the preferences and cache,you can manually delete them from the location mentioned here: InDesign preferences and support file locations

Regards

Pragya Kandari

Adobe InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pragya,

Thank you for a quick response.

The lag is with any file, even new documents.

Ok, yes I was able to follow that location, thanks! Once I am in the Cache folder, do I just delete everything in it?2016-11-16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Alan,

Please delete the Version 8.0 Folder completely.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards

Pragya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines