Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guided Upright feature missing from my latest LR CC update

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends,

I recently downloaded and installed the latest update to my Lightroom CC application, but the Guided Upright feature is missing from my module list. Under "Lightroom" > "About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom," it says "Version 5.7.1 Camera Raw 8.7.1."

The list of my modules are as follows:

• Basic
  • Tone Curve
  • HSL / Color / B & W
  • Split Toning
  • Detail
  • Lens Corrections
  • Effects
  • Camera Calibration

I was looking forward to this new feature, as I am practicing real estate photography / editing, but was disappointed to find that it was missing. I feel like I'm missing something obvious because I never used the upright tool before I saw the Guided Upright tool being advertised. Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Under "Lightroom" > "About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom," it says "Version 5.7.1

That indicates that you've launched the perpetual version 5.7.1, not CC.

Do you have both 5.7.1 and CC installed?

Are you launching LR from an existing icon in the Dock? Make sure you are launching CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check what Process the image is using, set it to 2012. Then Right Click on one of the header and select Transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "Lightroom" > "About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom," it says "Version 5.7.1

That indicates that you've launched the perpetual version 5.7.1, not CC.

Do you have both 5.7.1 and CC installed?

Are you launching LR from an existing icon in the Dock? Make sure you are launching CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This entire time I thought I was editing in Lightroom CC (almost 2 years!). I think I do have both versions installed on my computer; however, I only pay/paid for Lightroom CC. I think what I did was download the trial version of Lightroom (perpetual) to play around with for 30 days, and when my 30 days was up, I just started paying for CC, and entered my code into the perpetual version, and kept using it.

I am finding new features thanks to you John Waller! This changes everything.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you now also have Dehaze and Boundary Warp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have found Dehaze in Effects module, and Boundary Warp with the Panorama Photomerge tool. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as you where I have neither the guided upright or dehaze tool. How do you know if you're using Lightroom 5 vs CC? I assume I am using CC because under my about I have:

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asamba26  wrote

I have the same issue as you where I have neither the guided upright or dehaze tool. How do you know if you're using Lightroom 5 vs CC? I assume I am using CC because under my about I have:

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

You are running the original release of LR 6/CC 2015. Update it to .10.1 from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

asamba26  wrote

I have the same issue as you where I have neither the guided upright or dehaze tool.

The Guided upright tool was introduced in CC 2015.6.

Dehaze was introduced in CC 2015.2.

As JSM says, you're running CC 2015.0. Update to the current version CC 2015.10.1 to get all the new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines