Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web and FlashHelp not working in Firefox

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,
I have docs being generated using RH 7 they run locally fine i.e. from a directory from my hard drive. As soon as I put them up on my apache web server I get the following characters on the screen:

For both WebHelp and FlashHelp. This only happens on Firefox 2.0.0.16 Does anyone have any recommendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one have suggestions or can you point me to an article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any additional information i can post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Apache server a Unix box? (Does the question even make sense?)

I ask because I recall some discussion several months ago about these odd characters. I'll search the forums.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harvey. And yes it it running on Linux. I am running on RHEL3 and apache 2.0.46.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=451&threadid=1333561&h...

The thread contains a reference to an article on Peter Grainge's site, but that seems to be down today. I hear he's somewhere on the briney and hope he returns soon.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey very helpful thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2008 Jul 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having an issue unfortunately it seems per a web developer plugin for Firefox i see the following as error when I view a RoboHelp FlashHelp:

Error: illegal character
Source file: http://inside.com/doc3/FlashHelp/wf_startpage.js
Line: 1, Column: 1
Source code:
// define the unique ID

Error: CheckFrameRendered is not defined
Source file: http://inside.com/doc3/FlashHelp/AddonHelp.htm
Line: 53

Error: parent.parent.gsCurFramesetCol has no properties
Source file: http://inside.com/doc3/FlashHelp/wf_bottom.htm
Line: 42

Anyone have any sugestions? I am using FF 2.0.0.16 Linux RHEL3 and Apache 2.0.46. Final note Help works fine in IE 7.0.5730.13 and Safari 3.1.2

Slowly running out of options any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oakc,

When you look at the js file in a text editor, do you see the offending characters?

Might the two other errors clear up if the js file is corrected?

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the did not make a difference. How when I look at the JS files through a vi session on my Unix machine I see the characters as <feff>. I guess I need to make a call to support at this point. Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok more testing has occurred and in my opinion it has to do with apache. I can access the files fine from a networked drive through FF. So now I am really lost ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I suspect Item 22 in Using RH7 on my site is related.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp