• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 NOT AVAILABLE AS DEFAULT

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 on a PC, I had to reinstall CC 2015 because of plugin problems with CC 2017. So I have both programs on my computer. However, when I tried to change the default program to 2017, it doesn’t show up in the Windows list. Alternatively, when I choose “open as” and navigate to the right subdirectory and click on the program, 2015 opens up.

I could not figure out how to change the default, though I tried all 7 options given in the Windows forum (http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5507-default-apps-choose-windows-10-a.html#option1). CC 2017 didn’t show up as an option on any of them!

In the end, I had no choice but to go into the registry and change the defaults for indt, indd, and indb. But clearly, something got messed up when I reinstalled CC 2015.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Registry gets easily confused.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the same problem! But isn´t there something in Adobe´s installation that is the cause of the confusion? Perhaps one of their technical experts can help. After all, it was not just my computer that had the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for inconvenience. The issue is reproducible at our end.

Workaround: Please uninstall InDesign CC 2017 and reinstall CC 2017.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have first to change the registry back to CC 2015 as default, or will the reinstallation of CC 2017 recognize the existing changes and make any new ones where necessary?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is advised to change the registry back to CC2015. Also, please mentioned what registry have you changed.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were 3 changes:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InDesign.Document\Shell\Open\Command

and same for InDesign.Book & InDesign.Template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NIRC​ Thank you. This solved the issue for me.

1. Run -> regedit
  2. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Adobe.Premiere.Pro.Project.9\Shell\Open\Command
  3. Change 2015 to 2017

Now Windows 10 is able to open Adobe software in CC 2017 by default.

2017-04-03_000009.png

2017-04-03_000010.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines