• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a Dynamic Scoreboard

Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to make a Dynamic Scoreboard. I want to create something similiar to a Eurovision Song Contest scoreboard.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a link of my first try: Eurovision Song Contest 2016 - Scoreboard Design - YouTube

So, doing this in After Effects is a lot of work. You've got a lot of layers, and the points and assets change a lot because of the ranking system.
But it's basically a scoreboard in which points get awarded by every country, and the layers change into the right ranking order when they get points.

Is there a way in After Effects to make a system where you can award points, and let the system do the animation and ranking work for you automatically?

Maybe with expressions? Or do you know different software where you can create this system?

Thank you for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Sure you could rig it up with expressions in AE, but usually such stuff is created in VizRT, Ventuz, Chyron systems or proprietary solutions by broadcast service companies like SwissTiming. Still, it requires programming and quite some knowledge even in those systems. You still end up with lots of "layers", only that they are tied to a database or live keyboard inputs combined with premade graphics and pre-rendered footage for animated transitions and such. It can get quite complex.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you could rig it up with expressions in AE, but usually such stuff is created in VizRT, Ventuz, Chyron systems or proprietary solutions by broadcast service companies like SwissTiming. Still, it requires programming and quite some knowledge even in those systems. You still end up with lots of "layers", only that they are tied to a database or live keyboard inputs combined with premade graphics and pre-rendered footage for animated transitions and such. It can get quite complex.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, so that's probably not something I can create haha. I wish there were other solutions which didn't require the knowledge and other stuff that can get complex. I hope I can get my hands on a program like that sometime..

Thanks for your time though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines