• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to animate keyframes independently?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have animated the position and opacity of a layer. How do I view all the keyframes for both properties (position and opacity) in the timeline and move/edit them if need be?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

I'm assuming you mean the position and opacity of something on a layer. If you want to view all the keyframes, you can turn on Onion Skin at the bottom of the Timeline and drag the edges of the brackets to show as many or as few of the keyframes as you like.OnionSkin.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean the position and opacity of something on a layer. If you want to view all the keyframes, you can turn on Onion Skin at the bottom of the Timeline and drag the edges of the brackets to show as many or as few of the keyframes as you like.OnionSkin.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that's not what I meant.

If I have animated the position of a layer, as well as the opacity, is there a way to view the keyframes of animation for each property separately in the timeline, so I can move the keyframes independently? I don't know if you have used after effects, but I'm trying to find the equivalent in animate cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be using motion tweens to have those be independent. Try double

clicking on the tween in the timeline, which I think may be the same as

refine tween. Then you can carefully alter any of the key frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see what you mean. If you've made a Motion Tween (which is different from a Classic Tween) and double click on the layer or right click to select Refine Tween from the context menu, then you can select a property and adjust it in the graph. Add points to a curve by clicking on the curve in the legend on the lower left or add Ease to select a preset curve.RefineTween.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that when you say you animated the position of a layer, you mean you animated the position of the content of a layer.

If you animated the layer content with a classic tween, you can't.

If you animated the layer content with a motion tween, right-click on the tween and select Refine Tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a help file that should get you started: Edit motion tweens with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering which of the three nearly identical correct responses was going to get tagged as the answer. Turns out it was none of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myra is doing a webinar tomorrow, let's give her the win, and hope that gwyneth_c and many others show up for it:

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15002300_10157666348915548_7735385262815140026_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to split the win, if you all want to join me tomorrow. I can use the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm brand new to the program and the Adobe forms site, so thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. I will definitely tune in for the webinar. All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines