• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Script to Update Link Path

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently copied all files to a new server. If I open indd files on the new server, they all link to the old locations since InDesign links from a root level. Is there an easy script I can run to change the beginning of the path?

The old path to a file is:

\\mhuc126\departments\Public Relations\Jason\Projects\Newsletters\image1.jpg

The new path is:

\\mhuc401\PR_MKT$\Jason\Projects\Newsletters\image1.jpg

Since the file structure from "Jason" down stays the same, I only need to change "\\mhuc126\departments\Public Relations\" to "\\mhuc401\PR_MKT$\"

Can someone help with a simple script I can run after opening the document in the new location to update all linked files?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Here's my Restore broken links after server migration in InDesign script. However some people say it works for them, some say it doesn't: maybe it needs some adjusting to your particular server.

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think no need to script for this..

JUST DELETE THE OLD LINK FOLDER.. SO WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOCUMENT IN THE NEW SERVER IT SHOW AS MISSING LINKS.. THEN YOU RELINK THE LINKS WITH NEW SERVER FOLDER..

HTH

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

, Thanks but that would be very time consuming. We have files linked in many different buried folder structures with literally thousands of InDesign files that need updated.

Kasyan Servetsky, Thank you so much! Your script is exactly what I was looking for and did the trick perfectly! I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hollback...

Please mark as correct answer to Kasyan.. So only it honored the script provider..

Thanks,

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my Restore broken links after server migration in InDesign script. However some people say it works for them, some say it doesn't: maybe it needs some adjusting to your particular server.

— Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you paste the script in this forum.

The link is not working.

Thanks,
Heather 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

here Kasyan's scripts overview:

http://kasyan.ho.com.ua/personal/my_scripts.html

The one you want to download should be listed there.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can someone paste the script here as the links are all not working. Thank you so much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Kasyan's address for the website changed to:

http://kasyan.ho.ua/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines