• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So, does everyone agree that Adobe has the worst customer experience ever when there is a problem?!!! The chat feature is a complete joke!!

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, does everyone agree that Adobe has the worst customer experience ever when there is a problem?!!!  The chat feature is a complete joke!!

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While not always the best, I definitely would not agree that they're the "worst ever". That title goes to GoDaddy in my personal experience.

I find most people who set up a forum account specifically to complain about customer service tend to have unrealistic expectations as to what Adobe's CS can help them with. Some things they simply can't do for you.

What program are you having issues with?

There's a good chance the other software users in that particular software's forum could help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually had excellent customer service experiences with GoDaddy every time. Worst ever probably goes to Comcast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree!

What galls me is that Adobe is holding my earlier versions of programs hostage. A dead hard drive and I need my programs, but since they are older, they no longer have them available for download. So......I've spent money for no reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmccown2868 wrote:

A dead hard drive and I need my programs, but since they are older, they no longer have them available for download.

You can download older versions from Adobe still. What OS are you on and what versions are you looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my serial numbers and the downloads. I was able to get my Photoshop 6 installed on the new machine. I've been unable to get LR back. I have a serial number from the products page but apparently it is 4 digits too short.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which programs and versions?

Do you have your serial numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have serial numbers.......BUT NO ONE AT ADOBE TO HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe no longer provides direct support for CS6 and earlier, but you may download and install

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2478335 to download program installers

If you have an old program and a new computer, you will probably have problems installing

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan or later operating systems

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or Sierra

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

--Also read for more information https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2458382

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmccown2868 wrote:

Completely agree!

What galls me is that Adobe is holding my earlier versions of programs hostage. A dead hard drive and I need my programs, but since they are older, they no longer have them available for download. So......I've spent money for no reason?

Who told you that?

There are multiple places on Adobe's sites to download old versions of the Creative Suites. Which one are you looking for?

CS3-CS6 (right side of page): Adobe apps - download and installation help (the CS2 link is broken there)

There are also specific partial suites (like Web Premium or Design Standard) I can give you a link if you know what you need.

You can download them from Adobe, then use your existing serial/activation info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chat feature is a complete joke!!!

That's not my experience.   Chat is helpful when you understand what it's for.  Billing & membership related issues mostly.   Obviously, they can't teach you to use the software nor are they able to provide support for legacy Creative Suite products that are beyond their sell-by date.

What exactly do you need help with?

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines