• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any one know why match source in media encoder would be scaling my videos down?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when exporting from AE (video 720p) to Media Encoder the match source option scales down to 180p. When i uncheck the match source option and imput 720p the video is very bad quality.

[Moved to After Effects]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a bug in the current version of Ae CC 2017 that causes the dynamic link to take the resolution from the composition pop up resolution. the workaround is to set it to full before you send your comp to AME

or use the Queue in AME option in the render queue which is a better way to export to AME anyway since it keeps your render settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug fix update  coming "very soon" according to Adobe folks, but I don't know if it includes the fix for this or not. Usually when they say an update is coming soon, it actually is on the way pretty quick. So, hopefully this little workaround won't be needed much longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.. I thought I was going crazy I re rendered at least 10 times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update is out, but this bug isn't one of the fixes that is in it. HOWEVER, this update seems to be fixing some of the biggest issues people have had on Macs ever since the initial CC 2015 release, so y'all should still get it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines