Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading xmp bag structures with html 5

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to implement an extension to read and write custom metadata properties. We already have properties of the type "bag". I was trying to read the elements of it with the XmpSamplePanel, which I converted for CC 2015, but I'm only able to read normal text fields. I'm not sure if I need to edit the "js"-files of the sample project or if it's another problem. I have to say that I don't have much experience at Html5 and JavaScript. Someone else already did something like this?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe software are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the CC 2015 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christiant12309652 wrote:

I use the CC 2015 version.

Of which software? You've posted this thread in the forum Lounge which is not specific to any of Adobe's software and isn't for support anyway. We don't know if you're dealing with Photoshop, Muse, Animate, etc.

Let us know what software your are using and a moderator can move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I thought I was posting it in the InDesign forum. I clicked on the InDesign icon at the forum. Sorry for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are links to The Lounge from almost every software forum's main page. Dozens of people click it accidentally every day! It's no problem.

I'll get your thread moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Now I got it. I think the rest doesn't work cause of my bad javascript skills. I'm more into C++ and Java, but for the extensions I can't use them, or did I miss something?

edit:

Or do you have an example for reading XML properties and putting them into text fields or lists (arrays). Like I said, my javascript skills aren't really good. For me, a Java solution would be perfect, but I think it's not possible to integrate Java programs and the XMP Toolkit for Java only supports XMP-files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are more confident in C++, you might want to introspect XMP through a C++ plugin and propagate a CSEvent that will be caught on the HTML panel though a listener (CSInterface.addEventListener ).

Up to you where it makes sense to put efforts but if you do achieve it with JS, you will save efforts in maintenance I guess.

Loic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines