• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 CRASHES WHEN I TRY TO OPEN IT!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the trial version of AE 2017. The only problem I have is that I can't even try it because it stops working soon after I run it.

I think it's a problem due to the GPU. I got a GTX 970 with the latest driver installed. If I deactive my GPU, AE runs just fine but rendering and previews are much slower without my GTX. Please I need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this problem .

work file in after effects ver. cc(2015)

but i was update to cc(2017)

when open work file , after effects stop running..

ss.JPG

click .

as.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nikkom51144105 wrote:

I think it's a problem due to the GPU. I got a GTX 970 with the latest driver installed.

Try turning off the option in Preferences>Display to use hardware to accelerate panels, etc.

If that doesn't work, you could try to install an older driver and see how it behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the latest update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

This update is 14.0.1 and fixes several disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release (Known issues in After Effects CC 2017), but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture showed up in the CC 2015 release. So, see how it does for you.

If you can't see the update yet, you may need to wait a while until you see it as it can take up to 24 hours to populate an update across all the data centers. You may need to log out, relaunch the Creative Cloud app, and log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i could get solution after update the after effects

i can open my project // thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why but I cannot find my hardware accelerate panel. And updating AE did not work. I think the problem it's my GTX because if I disable it AE works fine (even though it's very slow...). Should I try contacting nvidia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nikkom51144105 wrote:

I don't know why but I cannot find my hardware accelerate panel.

Look here:

pastedImage_4.png

nikkom51144105 wrote:

I think the problem it's my GTX because if I disable it AE works fine (even though it's very slow...). Should I try contacting nvidia?

What driver are you using?

What do you mean AE is slow without the GPU? Are you using the ray-traced renderer? Because that would be slow with no GPU! (You should use the new C4D renderer instead.)

But AE isn't a very GPU-heavy app, so if you're not using the obsolete ray-traced renderer, the GPU won't make a bug difference in many cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not AE itself the problem. I use some plugins, such as Element 3D, that need a really high performing GPU. My integrated graphics card is not supported by these plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right; if you're using Element, you need your GPU to work.

Which driver are you using for your GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest drivers, 375.95 version for windows 10 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend you start moving backwards trying older drivers to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines