• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC2017 Is it possible to go back to 2016 ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this every time I update when I should not have updated. And this time i regret it big time!

And I am in a bit hurry right now, I decided to update my mac and after effects

To Mac Os Sierra and from CC2016 to CC2017.

First thing I notice is that there is so much ram issues.

Second thing I notice is that my plugins does not work as they would in CC2016.

What I mean with that ?

First of all I have 12GB of ram which I am aware of is quite low for some scenes etc.

Ive watched out there is 2GB ram for every core.

Now In CC2016 working with Big Scenes worked fine.

In CC2017 I am working in a very small scene, and I am getting quite a bit of ram Issues this I now Could be a lot of problems with the plugins

as I am pretty plugin based, and I would rather drown my self if I have to be stuck with Cineware instead of Element 3D.

Cause Iknow Cineware works better in CC2017 instead of the plugin Element 3D, but Element 3D is not optimised it seems like to CC2017.

So is there a way to fix this ?

or is there a way to downgrade to CC2016 ? 

Pls help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge (a non-tech support area) and to the After Effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the latest update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

This update is 14.0.1. It might fix this. It certainly fixes several other disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release (Known issues in After Effects CC 2017), but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture showed up in the CC 2015 release.

If you can't see the update yet, you may need to wait a while until you see it as it can take up to 24 hours to populate an update across all the data centers. You may need to log out, relaunch the Creative Cloud app, and log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, must have messed up somewhere copying and pasting. I'll fix my post. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines