Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects cc2017 frames dropping

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

since the new version of ae, I experience random frames dropping (or displaying as black) in the preview window.

not only when playing, but also on frame by frame when going through the timeline (to check which frames are missing)

when rendering the final result via media encoder*, everything seems fine though...

so at first I thought something was wrong with my footage, but in the end it seemed just a bug in ae.

not a huge problem, but enjoying still.

* besides the media encoder having another problem: it autmatically renders on a 4th of the actual resolution.

even if your source is fullHD...and you click match source...

unless: you change your playback mode from automatic to 'Full'...workaround found here on the forum.

also very annoying.

hope these 2 bugs will be fixed real soon.

thanks.

jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second bug is known by Adobe and they are working on a fix. There is a bug fix update coming soon, but I don't know if this is one of the bugs they're fixing.

The first one might be harder to nail down. I haven't seen that issue myself. What format and codec is the footage you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully, yes.

about the frames dropping, I'm working with 4K h264 footage.

cheers,

jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of these 4k files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try the update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

It doesn't fix the second issue you mentioned (although, that one is on the list of Known issues in After Effects CC 2017).

This update is 14.0.1 and it fixes several other disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture showed up in the CC 2015 release. And it may solve your first problem.

If you can't see the update yet, you may need to wait a while until you see it as it can take up to 24 hours to populate an update across all the data centers. You may need to log out, relaunch the Creative Cloud app, and log in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines