• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've Got Dreamy Eyes....

Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just working on the eyes... getting to know what impacts on them...

But, I'm now stuck with dreamy eyes.. if you watch the video, you'll notice that I reset the pose... but the eyes start wondering up... even though I keep a fix position!?

It could be something I'm doing, but the up and down movement of the eyes is certainly more noticeable .. It seems that the Tracking is more in tune with the up and down movement of the eyes, than the side to side? Is there any adjustment for up and down and the right to left axis?

I've tried making several adjustments... but even if I just stare straight... the eyes start moving up... any suggestions welcome?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What eyeball shape do you have below the eye cutouts? Changing that might change the pupil bounds. I'd also play with the eye gaze camera strength. Worst case scenario, I usually do one camera pass with camera tracked eyes and then add/blend some mouse-tracked eye movement over top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave...

The Eyeball shape I started with, was a circle, but the Pupil was going too high, or too low, so I made it more oval, as in the image...

2016-11-16_18-35-50.png

and this help restrain the pupil.

As the Eye Gaze and Face behaviors impacted on the eyes.. I tried adjusting them.... I found that setting Eye Gaze Smoothing at 25% and Camera Strength to 59%... seemed to work best... What does the camera strength do?

With the Face settings, it was more hit and miss... I didn't really know which behaviors was having an effect unless I adjusted them quite a lot.

I take it the smoothing just slows the transition from one state to the next?

As there is only one Smoothing option for the Face Behavior.... I assume this impacts on all the setting within the face?

When I move up and down, or in and out.. the eyes do tend to bounce... I suppose this could be something to do with latency from picking up the single to outputting the result, or just an aligning issue between the camera and head position?

I hoping to get to point where having to do additional takes will be the exception, rather than the norm!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera strength changes how much the eyes should move based off of the camera. So if you're not getting enough movement, bump this up. If you're still not getting enough left/right movement, you could also try making the eyeballs longer (since they're hidden below anyway). That will give them more space. A test I like to do is arming Eye Gaze > Mouse & Touch Input and then dragging to see the full range.

Yes, smoothing makes the animation less jittery; at max it will feel more slow and floaty. And yes, the Face smoothing will affect everything in those Face properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A test I like to do is arming Eye Gaze > Mouse & Touch Input and then dragging to see the full range.

I thought this sounded like a great idea and it made sense, but I couldn't get it to work!?

My first problem was getting to and from the different Behavior/Properties related Panels. There are two and I understand that there is one for use when recording, but they look very similar except for the Track option... Could you just have one Properties Panel with the Track option in it?

2016-11-17_11-36-46.png

I then noted that there was only one place for Mouse & Touch Input, so I activated this, but nothing seemed t happen!?

To make my task a bit easier I decide to keep the head static by turning the Head Position Strength to 0. This worked fine, but then I noticed that when I view the other Properties Panel.. this was still set at 100%... so I've got no idea how this works and how the two Properties relate to each other!?

I've added a video to hopefully show you what was happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly there is a bug when you only have one eye.

The puppet panel properties are the defaults; the puppet-in-a-scene properties start as defaults but then you can further tweak them in that instance. So you could have multiple versions of the puppet in your scene with slightly different values if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Richard,

just a small addition concerning the "test range" eye-gaze-arming that Dave suggested, that you said you couldn't get to work.

in order to do this, in the "eye gaze" props sub-panel, you want to disarm "camera" and arm "mouse input"…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wombat!

I take it you mean:

2016-11-18_11-54-39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I don't know whether you knew that but in the screenshot you posted above the mouse input was disarmed… (As in the right screenshot you just posted…)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-11-18_11-54-39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's correct!

Sorry if I've been confusing you. Let me try to clear this up a little. What I meant:

a) Dave suggested: "A test I like to do is arming Eye Gaze > Mouse & Touch Input and then dragging to see the full range."

b) In the next screenshot you posted you had Eye Gaze > Mouse & Touch Input disarmed.

c) I pointed this out.

Hope that helps… : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-11-18_11-54-39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines