• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotoscope glitches for no apparent reason

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine that i'm rotoscoping an airplane in a video of a plane flying through the sky. And i'm overlaying this onto a background video of the solar system.
Even though I have carefully checked every single frame and made sure that the Alpha Boundary is perfectly around the plane, when I export, the .avi sometimes shows quick flashing of frames with a large portion of the blue sky being overlayed too, even though i've checked every single frame and the sky is rotoscoped out.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it perhaps an encoder problem?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Did you use the Roto Brush to do your rotoscoping? If so, did you freeze the Roto Brush when you were done tweaking it?

If you did freeze it or if you didn't use the Roto Brush, we will need the standard set of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Roto Brush to do your rotoscoping? If so, did you freeze the Roto Brush when you were done tweaking it?

If you did freeze it or if you didn't use the Roto Brush, we will need the standard set of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the one on the toolbar at the top. Clicked it, and started brushing my video. I did not freeze it. Could you go into this further? I'm not sure how to freeze it.

Extra info:

System: i7, Nvidia 970, 16gb

Outputting using 'best settings' and 'lossless'.
Source: h264
Version: 13.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it! I had to freeze it. I just found the setting now. The output is now perfect. Thank you!
As you can tell, i'm still new to this. Do you mind explaining the benefit? I'm gonna give it a further look now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget to mark the "correct" answer as such to help future forum goers find the right answer more quickly.

The Roto Brush is not as intuitive as it looks, check out the resources on this page; it's a pretty good resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to use Rotobrush, my guess is the source footage itself.  If you had to roto, that means it's a video file,  That video file could be in a highly compressed codec. As I just read, it IS highly-compressed -- H.264.  Ugh.

Despite all of Adobe's protestations to the contrary, I do not trust highly-compressed footage in AE.  I recommend giving yourself the best chance at success in AE by transcoding your footage to something that is NOT highly-compressed.  I go with Quicktime movies in JPEG 2000, PNG, Animation, or Photo JPEG codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines