• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't complete install on mac os 10.12.1 (Sierra)

Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update the flash player for my browser (Safari 10.0.1) and the install won't complete. It keeps getting stuck at 95%. I've tried closing the browser, uninstalling and reinstalling fresh, nothing's changed. It always gets stuck at 95% and won't complete the install. I'm trying to install flash Version 23.0.0.207.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get the install logs to troubleshoot the error.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?  and provide all 4 log files listed (Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, install.log, and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log) for the same installation attempt (you'll need to repeat the install process to get all 4 files for the same installation attempt) Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I got the files you need. Here's the link to the upload of them. It looks like the logs go back a ways but I just tried another fresh install so you'll want to find the data from 11/16/16. Please let me know if you need anything else or my upload didn't work. Thanks.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the name of the installer file you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name I've downloaded is named "install_flash_player_osx.dmg". Specifically, I'm downloading the version for Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  We are investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mac OS X 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keving10028179 ,

Sorry, I don't understand what information you are attempting to provide.  Neither of the files you uploaded contain any Flash Player related content.  I'm assuming this is the install.log file.  Please don't dump the entire contents of the install.log file.  This is a system-wide file that all programs write to.  Providing the entire file is irrelevant to us and makes it very difficult to sift through searching for Flash Player related issues.

Please clearly state your issue, provide a screenshot if you're getting an error, and if you want to be pro-active and provide install log files, please read through the FAQ (Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? ) and provide what is requested, not entire file dumps that contain a bunch of irrelevant information.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact, but I HAVE the version original poster wanted to update to, now I can’t finish updating to latest for OSX (latest version, Sierra, 10.12.1, worked fine with flash until todays update notice, which has me downloading over and over again!) which is 24.something.

Downloaded two DIFFERENT flash player install files: one auto-downloaded when I 1. closed the update notification that popped up in the operating system and did the only safe thing which is how I always do and that’s 2. opened sys prefs, went to flash, went to updates, checked and said I needed new, so started process from there, then it opens safari automatically and downloaded this file without my putting in address:

“AdobeFlashPlayer_24au_a_install.dmg"

So after trying 4 different times (downloading multiple install files all identical because of automated process using sys prefs), of going all the way through to my password (system pass, yes, works everywhere else yes, seems to work here too, goes back to status bar and then at about 54% install just fails and offers some crappy FAQ page I’m about 20 yrs too experienced to need.)

Then I try the old fashioned way...google search for latest version Adobe Flash Player for mac. get to Adobe official site, adobe downloads page, put in my operating system, only mac option in drop down, choose “safari” not “chrome” as that’s the one, and click a new download.

But this time I get this:

“AdobeFlashPlayer_24_a_install.dmg"

see the diff? I thought I did too and I was thrilled, until...

SAME THING!

It’s enough already, stop releasing buggy updates before theyre ready or stop notifying me about them if not compatible with latest Mac os, which I only updated to under PROTEST after years of my bought and paid for apps, programs, perifs, etc forcing me to!

ENOUGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you let us know which version of Flash Player was already installed on your machine when you were trying to perform the update. Was your browser open/closed? If open, were you viewing any flash content when the update file was getting installed?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s.

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdated[480]: BackgroundActivity: Starting Background Check Activity

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdated[480]: Host (null) isReachable = YES

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdated[480]: BackgroundActions: Automatic check parameters: autoDownload=NO, autoConfigData=NO, autoCriticalInstall=NO

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdated[480]: SoftwareUpdate: Fired early. Next check=12/16/16, 5:30 AM (interval=86280.000000, A/C=YES)

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdated[480]: BackgroundActivity: Finished Background Check Activity

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdate_notify_agent[479]: Handling notification event: UpdatesAvailable

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdate_notify_agent[479]: AssertionMgr: Take com.apple.softwareupdate.NotifyAgentAssertion-UpdatesAvailable assertion with type BackgroundTask for pid 479, id 0x8503

Dec 15 21:23:21 MYNAME softwareupdate_notify_agent[479]: Waiting 60 seconds before sending the notification to App Store

Dec 15 21:24:21 MYNAME softwareupdate_notify_agent[479]: Notifying with params: {

SoftwareUpdateCount = 0;

SoftwareUpdatesAvailable = 0;

}

Dec 15 21:24:21 MYNAME softwareupdate_notify_agent[479]: appstoreupdateagent notified

Dec 15 21:24:21 MYNAME softwareupdate_notify_agent[479]: AssertionMgr: Cancel com.apple.softwareupdate.NotifyAgentAssertion-UpdatesAvailable assertion for pid 479, id 0x8503

FIX PLEASE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines