• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 - Smooth playback when hiding playhead

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running AE on both my late 2015 iMac and 2013 MBP and they are behaving differently. Both are running 10.12 but the iMac won't playback in real time whereas the MBP does. However, I've discovered that when I hide the playhead (just like last year's error), then I can playback on the iMac in real time.

Anyone else had a similar issue? I've logged a bug for this. In fact, the issue started when I upgraded to 10.12 but still on the previous version of AE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this issue is still present for Macs with high res screens. It's very frustrating for a large number of people. The AE team has said they are working to address it.

You can either deal with it or use CC 2014. Both of which are really frustrating choices. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and this won't be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody who is having this issue, please install the latest update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

This update is 14.0.1 and should be a bug fix for this and several other disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release (Known issues in After Effects CC 2017), but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture showed up in the CC 2015 release.

If you can't see the update yet, you may need to wait a while until you see it as it can take up to 24 hours to populate an update across all the data centers. You may need to log out, relaunch the Creative Cloud app, and log in again.

HUZZAH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha! Thank you for letting my know so promotly. I have a new major project to commence and I really wasn't looking forward to wrestling with this. So I'm definitely updating for sure! I'll let you know the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines