• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I rearrange pages in Acrobat Pro DC for Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the thumbnail dropdown or anything. I used to do this in Organize I think?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellen,

You can rearrange pages using Organize Pages App in Acrobat Pro DC.

After you open the file, in Right Hand Pane, click on Organize Pages, it will take you to thumbnail view of all pages in the file. You can drag and drop pages to rearrange them.

Another way to rearrange pages is via Page Thumbnails panel, after you open the file, Click on Page Thumbnails in Left Hand Panel, again drag and drop pages at your desired location to rearrange them.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write if you need more help around this.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's part of the problem. The search page comes up and I can't open Organize Pages. I also cannot access the Navigation or Page Controls. The are available under the drop down but I cannot click so it appears anywhere. and I only have the basic Menu view under the View>Show/Hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are running Acrobat Pro and not just the free Reader? If you have both installed, it's sometimes not obvious which one opens. Try to open up Acrobat Pro from the Applications folder and then load a document via the File>Open menu item. Do you know have access to the organize pages function? You can also re-order pages (but again, this only works in Acrobat, not in the free Reader) by opening the Page Thumbnail pane. If the navigation panes are not being displayed, you can show them by clicking on the narrow gray border on the left side - it's marked with a little triangle to indicate that you can expand it:

2016-11-17_09-38-03.png

This should then bring up the navigation pane selection, and you can show the page thumbnails pane by clicking on the corresponding button:

2016-11-17_09-38-48.png

At this point, you can drag pages around to re-order them. The only potential problem is to figure out where to drag the currently displayed page. I wrote about that in an old blog post: Duplicate a Page in Adobe Acrobat - KHKonsulting LLC​ - it's about duplicating a page, but the same rules apply when you just want to move a page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i promise i am in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

this is what i see: I need to rearrange these pages.

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.45.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want you rearrange the files or the pages in the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

files only. But i think i should arrange them before i put it into a Portfolio and once I did that i'm in good shape. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually i figured out the thumbnail issue but i am trying to rearrange files in the portfolio but i can only open up individual FILES. I want to see the entire portfolio in a grid so i can move pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines