• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot upload content in a meeting (no option to do so)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Adobe Connect and tried to setup a meeting. I did just that, invited the required users, they signed on, however I had no option to upload content. I was the host in the meeting settings, however when in the actual meeting I was listed  as participant (with everyone else). As a result I was not able to upload content and we had to Skype screen share instead. Can someone from Adobe please help me with this? I was a bit surprised that you have no live chat or technical phone support.

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Adobe Support does have live chat and phone support. You can find it here: Adobe Connect Help | Adobe Connect Support

With that out of the way, you are likely using Connect with the Named Host licensing model. As such you must be a member of the Meeting Host group and have Host rights for your meeting room. It sounds like you are a member of the Administrator group and not the Meeting Host group. Add yourself to the Meeting Host group and re-enter your meeting room and you should have full funct

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support does have live chat and phone support. You can find it here: Adobe Connect Help | Adobe Connect Support

With that out of the way, you are likely using Connect with the Named Host licensing model. As such you must be a member of the Meeting Host group and have Host rights for your meeting room. It sounds like you are a member of the Administrator group and not the Meeting Host group. Add yourself to the Meeting Host group and re-enter your meeting room and you should have full functionality within the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It worked!

I would highly recommend that you make that more intuitive so other first time users don't go through the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I have no more ability to change the Connect product than you. But, feel free to put in a suggestion in the wish form: Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

To be fair to Adobe, your reseller should have been responsible for ensuring you understood how the licensing needed to be applied to the users. As you can see from this thread, it isn't a terribly long conversation and now you understand.

For others reading this, the description of the Named Host license states that the Named Host must be present in room. To be a Named Host, you need to be in the Meeting Host group. License description:

1 Adobe Connect Meeting Named Host. Each individual Named Host has the ability to host a meeting with up to 100 total attendees on the Adobe Hosted platform. Named Hosts may create an unlimited number of meeting rooms, however, the Named Host can only use one of their rooms at any one time and rooms cannot be accessed unless the Named Host is present. Named Hosts must be individuals, not groups or generic logins, and a Named Host license cannot be shared between more than one individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, so who would my re-seller be? I just went online to the Adobe Connect website and purchased the $50/month licence. I thought I was doing it directly through Adobe. Are you saying that is not the case?

MK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, well that makes more sense. I agree that Adobe should communicate better about it, or at least create the account with you in the correct group membership.

You did purchase it directly through Adobe.

My 2c, it may be worth talking with a reseller. You may end up spending less money and getting more functionality...

I'll PM you some comparisons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines