• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 Making snow using noise

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have successfully produced snow using the noise function but today encountered a problem with adjusting the  lighting levels to produce the white dot levels for the  screen mask. When I press ok the noise returns to the original level. Have large files from 35m pixel sensor but reducing image size makes no difference. Have tried rebooting but still same problem. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often times the amount that the document is zoomed in or out makes a difference, especially with large pixel sized documents.

Try zooming into 100% (actual pixels) and then applying the noise filter.

A quick way to zoom to 100% is to double click on the Zoom Tool in the toolbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

Have tried as you suggested but same result. Then reduced the size of the image down  to 1318 X 980 and tried again. Same result i.e. no change to the noise level after applying light levels function. I notice that the Input levels chart does not show the initial histogram as it did when it worked a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if I have a program glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have just added Gaussian Blur and it seems to work. It appears to be something to do with not adding blur. Many thanks for your help and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines