• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can we disable share online for Adobe Experience Design CC (beta) for an education customer

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the post which says an enterprise customer can disable the share online feature using the enterprise console.

How can we disable it for an education?  I am looking at our console (I am a team administrator) and there are no such options.  Is this under "manage plan" which I do not have access?

Thank you,

Doug

Desktop Engineer

Creighton University

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Hi, Doug-

I wanted to address some of your concerns. We currently only support named enterprise licenses and not serialized licenses (difference is whether or not every person has an Adobe ID). A large part of our ecosystem is collaborative, which means that the person can upload a prototype and be able to comment on it, which requires an Adobe ID. As we shared at Adobe MAX this month, we're planning to introduce additional collaborative features, which means that the reliance on having an Adobe-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've forwarded your question to the team who knows more about the Enterprise dashboard, and hopefully we'll have an answer for you soon.

In the mean time I'm wondering why you would like to disable this feature? Is there something we can do that would allow you to leave it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using a device license for a campus.   We do not wish to give out the account information which is needed for sign in....it's one account across campus.   Giving out that information would allow anyone to log on to Adobe and download the software when they aren't authorized to do so.    Unfortunately, this particular piece of Adobe software asks for a sign in.   Our customers (students/faculty), don't need to be seeing that prompt as they aren't going to be allowed to use the campus account which was used to license those machines.     If they create their own Adobe account and sign in, it's our understanding when they sign into it, they end up with trial version prompts etc as they didn't log in using the campus account.

So a better question would be how can students and faculty at an education facility using a campus wide device license sign into the product without using the account associated with the install/licensing and still use the sharing function. (and never ever get told it's a trial version of the software or have to have IT run the licensing program in a few months).

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed in as my personal account to test.   Is this the primary method to use vice giving out the single Creighton account to everyone on campus who uses this product?   

We also don't want people who sign in using their personal account, to later be prompted that the device is a trial.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have it figured out.  We are using the "teams" license.   Don't think the teams license allows for us to disable this feature.

It's true this application would be better without forcing the sign in.  If our faculty member (classroom instructor) had clicked on Photoshop or anything else, this wouldn't have been noticed.  This seems to be the only application that forces a sign in.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Doug-

I wanted to address some of your concerns. We currently only support named enterprise licenses and not serialized licenses (difference is whether or not every person has an Adobe ID). A large part of our ecosystem is collaborative, which means that the person can upload a prototype and be able to comment on it, which requires an Adobe ID. As we shared at Adobe MAX this month, we're planning to introduce additional collaborative features, which means that the reliance on having an Adobe-based identity is even more important.

Hope that helps clarify the confusion!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines