• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 - Does not recognize photos from external disk on Mac OX 10.9

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to import photos from Nikon1 V3 in Lightroom 5.  Recently import did not recognize the card reader.  So I upgraded to Lightroom 5.7 from the internet on-line.  Since then, my external disk photos are not recognized.  I do have a backed up catalog from 6 months back.  I need help to resolve this issue.  I tried all various views available on-line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Recognize"? What is the exact specific problem that you are seeing. Describe in detail, and if there is an error message, please state the complete exact unedited word-for-word error message, or show us a screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I had LR4 and I could not import photos from the card which photos clicked from Nikon1 V3.  Checked w/Adobe and they advised to obtain LR5, which I did and everything was ok.  Recently I tried to import photos in LR5 from the card and no photos displayed.  I tried the card on Windows PC and I could see the photo files.  No error message is shown in LR5 while importing photos from the card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to attach the screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the website editor, click the "insert image" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I tried to import photos in LR5 from the card and no photos displayed.  I tried the card on Windows PC and I could see the photo files.

I'm still not sure I understand. This "Windows PC", is this a different PC than where LR5 was running? Or the same PC?

Or do you mean you used Windows Explorer and you could see the photo files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing is to check all the basics.

When importing from a card, make sure you are doing a "copy" or "move" (top center).

Make sure the card is the selected source (left).

Make sure the Destination panel has reasonable values (right).

You can browse the card using Windows File Explorer, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR5 used in Apple Mac laptop. While importing from the card, immediately highlighted to copy and cannot move to add or move.  I've been using LR3, LR4 & LR5.  Never faced any issues anytime.  This is the first time.  All selection is correct. Windows explorer used only to check the card.  Unable to find the "website editor" on this page in order to send the screen shot.  Please advise where should I look for website editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Website as in "not email".

The website editor is where you typed your response and original post..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dhuje wrote:

LR5 used in Apple Mac laptop. While importing from the card, immediately highlighted to copy and cannot move to add or move.

This is different than your original problem statement. Is it related, or a separate issue?

This is normal behavior for Lightroom. When using a camera card, you should only be allowed COPY or COPY AS DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines