• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non editable document

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Acrobat and am currently using Pro DC  for a trial period.

I am trying to make a board game map that I had scanned to size A1 in pdf by a commercial concern, into an editable document.

I have run Action Wizard which informs me that it is "Image only PDF - Failed"

I am assuming that the problem lies with the fact that it was scanned by a third party...

Is there a solution whereby I can make this document editable and allow me to alter text...

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What action of the Action Wizard do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to edit the text, it must be converted from image to actual text.  Luckily, Acrobat has the capability to do this for you.  My first step is always to perform a ‘Save As…’ and give the file a different name.  This preserves your original in case you’re unhappy with the results.  Under Tools, select Enhance Scan>Recognize Text. You can experiment with the settings, but I would choose ‘Editable Text & Images’ from the drop down.  Once you perform the text recognition, your text should be editable and searchable.  It’s not a perfect transformation sometimes, as much depends on the clarity of the text of your original, font, etc.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input... The Enhance>Recognize Text option didn't work... but I seemed to have stumbled across a solution by trial and error..

1. Tools>Redact

2. Choose "Remove Hidden Information" (save)

3. Choose "Santize"

4. Tools>Edit PDF

All of the text then became editable.....  Quite suprised myself !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines