• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CS6 does not start after updating and scanning software Advanced SystemCare.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CS6 had always worked on my pc. After updating the cleaning software Advanced SystemCare 10, and after various cleaning scans, I realized that AE CS6 will not start (does not load its tools and closes after 2 seconds during boot). I tried several times to uninstall it and reinstall it, but the problem persists. I can not understand what could have happened, and what prevents AE CS6 to boot. Can someone help me ? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not understand what could have happened

Umm, that happened:

Advanced SystemCare 10

It probably completely screwed up the Windows installer data base or messed with some critical registry keys, network stuff, CoDecs or whatever. It's never a good idea to blindly trust such tools. Start by reading this:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thank you for answering. I tried using the tool you indicated (CreativeCloudCleanerTool), having first uninstalled CreativeCloud as indicated. I ran the tool for Fix Hosts File resolutions (12), but the tool has notified me that the scan was completed with errors. But I could not find the saved log files indicated by the tool.

fix host file.png

The problem has been its Advanced SystemCare 10, it all happened on Thursday 17 November when I upgraded this software to version 10, then I sent in as I used to always scan with registry cleaning options basics, clean junk files, but additionally I selected the "remove any spyware" and "scan disk" and option "optimizes system", and there the trouble has happened, it has removed some useful registry key to After Effects. I also tried to install the AE free version 2017 from the official site, but does not start even After Effects recently updated version and free. However I have the log files of scanning Advanced SystemCare 10 which indicates what he did, but I do not know if it can be useful to go back to the issue, and eventual resolution. I'm desperate, I do not know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thank you for answering. I tried using the tool you indicated (CreativeCloudCleanerTool), having first uninstalled CreativeCloud as indicated by the display. I ran the tool for Fix Hosts File resolutions (12), but the tool has notified me that the scan was completed with errors. But I could not find the saved log files indicated by the tool.

fix host file.png

The problem has been its Advanced SystemCare 10, it all happened on Thursday 17 when I upgraded this software to version 10, then I sent in as I used to always scan with registry cleaning options basics, clean junk files, but additionally I selected the "remove any spyware" and "scan disk" option, and "optimizes system", and there the trouble has happened, it has removed some useful registry key to After Effects. I also tried to install the free version 2017 from the official site, but does not start even after effects recently updated version and free. However I have the log files of scanning Advanced SystemCare 10 which indicates what he did, but I do not know if it can be useful to go back to the issue, and eventual resolution. I'm desperate, I do not know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thank you for answering. I tried using the tool you indicated (CreativeCloudCleanerTool), having first uninstalled CreativeCloud as indicated by the display. I ran the tool for Fix Hosts File resolutions (12), but the tool has notified me that the scan was completed with errors. But I could not find the saved log files indicated by the tool.

The problem has been its Advanced SystemCare 10, it all happened on Thursday 17 when I upgraded this software to version 10, then I sent in as I used to always scan with registry cleaning options basics, clean junk files, but additionally I selected the "remove any spyware" and "scan disk" option, and "optimizes system", and there the trouble has happened, it has removed some useful registry key to After Effects. I also tried to install the free version 2017 from the official site, but does not start even after effects recently updated version and free. However I have the log files of scanning Advanced SystemCare 10 which indicates what he did, but I do not know if it can be useful to go back to the issue, and eventual resolution. I'm desperate, I do not know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the log file and provide the relevant sections that reference "Adobe" specifically, be that registry keys or files and folders. Have you actually run any of the other options in the cleaner tool? Do the installers report a specific error?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines