• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete text threads and accompanying pages

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folkks, good day... I've got a delima, I have a 50 page book with threaded text, however i want to split that document into 5 pages with 10 pages each, so i save the document five times (sec1...5). I want to delete the page threads for each section but it wont do it, page 1..5 still shows overset text. Can you help???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various options but I think the easiest technique is just to use Story Editor.

1. Delete the frames/pages, which produces the overset alert
  2. Click in the story and choose Edit > Edit in Story Editor
  3. Scroll down to the overset text (under a gray line), highlight and delete it.
  4. Close the Story Editor.

Repeat for the other 4 sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! waw now thats a tip thank you soooooooo much. awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I think Story Editor is great, yet oft-overlooked feature, and it solves all sorts of layout dilemmas—including setting the Story Editor preferences to accommodate AEEE (aging eyes entering edits).

InDesign CCss_027.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are so right, i never use this ever but now i would, thank you so much again. waw!! this was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use script installed by default with InDesign

http://indesignsecrets.com/splitting-up-threaded-stories-into-separate-frames.php

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines