• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tryiing to open articles gives "scheduled maintenance" error messages

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong with the RoboHelp user forum Web site. For the past several weeks almost every time I click on the hyperlink from a search result, I get a "scheduled maintenance" error (and this is between 9a and 5p EDT). However, if I search from Google's advanced search using and "Search within a site or domain" as http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm, I don't have problems. Unfortunately, it searches all Adobe's product user forums, not just RoboHelp. Cleared my Internet Explorer 7 cache several times. What's going on? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2008 Jul 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to run into the same problem starting around 4:00 or 5:00 pm Pacific Time. I'm not sure when it ends. Sometimes a simple refresh will get me going again. Sometimes not. To add a little variety to the mix, today I was unable to log in to the forum for several hours.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here was me blaming my corporate firewall and/or antipodean internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2008 Jul 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this might jsut be a very confusing error message from Adobe's web server. And it does not go away, unless...

I started a similar thread a few months ago. A RoboHelp gutu (Peter Grainge, I believe) told me that this is a problem with my "Profile > Personal Options". I recall that I changed the "Days back to view topics for" entry.

Basically, I could see certain topics (in the title-only view), but I could not access the actual topic text.

I have no idea why the server would report "maintenance" if the topic is "not available".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the "Days back to view topics for" that you described to 3000, but I'm still getting the same scheduled maintenance error after clicking on the results, even for this topic! What did you enter for your setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've been seeing this off and on for literally months. I've repeatedly reported the behavior to Adobe and repeatedly I've been told that things look fine on their end and they cannot replicate the issue.

I think everyone that is experiencing this should be reporting to Adobe so they can get a feel for the fact that while things may seem fine on their end, they certainly aren't on ours.

I'm not exactly sure where to point you to for submitting the reports. Perhaps try the "Report this to a moderator" link?

Feeling your pain... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, all,

As far as I can see, this problem is caused by the final query string that the forum software appends to the URL of the search result. Deleting this string from the Address bar of the browser should enable you to display the discussion you want.

For example, suppose that you search for discussions that contain the word "forum". All the resulting hyperlinks will have a URL like this:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=447&threadid=1353841&h...

If clicking a hyperlink causes the "Site Area Temporarily Unavailable" message to appear, you might try deleting the "&keyword1=forum" bit in the Address bar and then refreshing the window.

Not an ideal solution by any means, but, until the forum software is tweaked, it may be the only one.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp