Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying TAB style

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am at a bit of a loss regarding tabs. I am working on a catalogue that requires me to use tabs rather than tables (I wont go in to this, but it is catalogue software that collects data and exports it in to indesign)

is there any way I can copy my TAB menu style (copy/paste) so that I can use the same tab style on my next product??

Screenshot 2016-11-18 12.59.00.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any way I can copy my TAB menu style (copy/paste) so that I can use the same tab style on my next product??

Tab settings are included in Paragraph Styles, so all you have to do is save tabbed line as a paragraph style and apply it to the other lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply Style, then Next Style - grey and white styles each with the other as Next Style would work nicely here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks all, best get on with the other 1200 pages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, just do it!

Capture d’écran 2016-11-18 à 15.14.12.png

Capture d’écran 2016-11-18 à 15.14.58.png

Capture d’écran 2016-11-18 à 15.15.32.png

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks all, best get on with the other 1200 pages!

For existing or imported text you can use an Object Style to automate the next style for an alternating list. So here I have 5 single line paragraphs, and two styles—Blue and Red. Blue's Next Style is set to Red and Red's Next Style is set to Blue.

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 10.53.55 AM.png

I can make an Object style with the Paragraph Styles Apply Next Style checked and the Paragraph Style set to Blue. When I apply the object style to the frame, the lines automatically alternate.

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 10.54.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob,

Sure if doc cut in thousands of pieces of cake! Really not in threaded frames layout!

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why not use a "Grey" para style everywhere and finish by a simple F/R?

… as: Find ^.+\r\K. + "Grey" para style  |  Replace by: "White" para style

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines