• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR batch processing still of little use for multiple photos

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom since it's introduction. Given what was available at the time it has been great and made my life much easier.

I am a professional photographer.

I posted to an adobe forum when HDR batch processing was first introduced in Lighrtroom. I got many email responses from people responding to the post. I am 99% sure it was an Adobe forum but unfortunately I cannot for the life of me find that post or I would link it here.

I respectfully pointed out Lightroom's batch processing shortfalls for those of us that use HDR a lot in our business.

I outlined my workflow.

Everyone agreed the batching was useless for all but weekend photographers batching three or four photos at a time.

Some of us need to do hundreds at a time. I do virtual tours - many, many photos...

Well after years we still cannot batch properly.

Now don't get me wrong, I use a bunch of Adobe products and they have worked well for me, but this is something that is so simple and fundamentally flawed that it really makes me feel like Adobe are just not listening to it's customers.

How any project manager could release a feature as crippled as Lightroom's "Batch" HDR is beyond me. I urge anyone at Adobe to go try and HDR a set of 50 HDR bracketed photos. Your Mac just grinds to a halt. See you in a month...

Today I am looking at Luminar and wow, it looks great for a first shot out the door.

I am going to watch them carefully and if their batching is good and they can do everything else Adobe can, Adobe may just be loosing me to them.

I just feel that Lightroom was released and then just left with only minor fixes and upgrades.

Oh and I hate subscription software - with a passion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Ability to batch process Photo Merge (HDR and panorama) | Photoshop Family Customer Commu... . With 95 me-toos, it's the 20th most popular unimplemented request.  I recommend you add your thoughtful comments to that topic.  This is a user-to-user forum in which Adobe product developers rarely participate, but they do actively monitor and participate in the feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow John, how did you find that!!!?  I had been wracking my brain for an hour. I knew I posted and saw lots of replies but must have deleted them all out of shear frustration and could find no trace on my machine.

Thanks. I will go back there.

-Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines