Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening InDesign Epubs in Dreamweaver When Zipping and Unzipping Won't Work

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to edit an ePub from InDesign in Dreamweaver (I know it can be done in other software, but I want to learn how to do it in Dreamweaver, as well). I exported the ID book to ePub. I changed the extension to zip. Then I tried unzipping it and it just gave me another ePub, no xhtml files or anything. I'm on a Mac. Everything is up-to-date. Any idea why I can't access the individual chapters/files that make up the ePub and any idea how I can get them? (A copy of this was posted in the Dreamweaver forum, but an Adobe staff member requested I post it here, as well).

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks more an issue with the unzipping. How are you doing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried doing it a few ways. I've just double-clicked it. Then I've tried right clicking and selecting decompress. I've also tried unzipping using terminal (which says it unzips the file but since I can't find any unzipped files after it says it does that, I believe terminal is a liar).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the .epub file I'll be happy to test it for you. You can post it on Dropbox or similar and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend EcanCrusher (free) for opening and closing epubs,  Mac and PC versions available: http://www.docdataflow.com/ecancrusher/

BBEdit (Mac only) for also editing: Bare Bones Software | BBEdit 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll look into those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I appreciate the offer, but unfortunately my company won't allow me to share the epub with anyone outside of our company. Thank you, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are you changing the file extension in the finder? Change it by doing a cmd-i and change it through the info window.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines