Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade PSE 10 on an iMac to PSE 15 on Windows

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a PSE 10 installation on an iMac but I want to upgrade to PSE 15 and run that one on Windows 10.

As I´m using the catalog quite a lot I want to be sure if that works straight away or if there are any special things to do or think about.

Please advice!

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

You can buy the latest  PSE 15 from Picture editor software, photo enhancement tools | Adobe Photoshop Elements 15  as per your required OS.

To continue working with this same catalog on newer version, refer to  procedure mentioned here:

Move Elements Organizer catalog | Elements 6 or later . Please make sure to go through whole article before backing up and restoring your catalog.

Hope this is helpful. Get back to us in case you face any issues.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find that the price of the full version is cheaper than an upgrade through black Friday (November 25). If you buy the boxed version from on-line sellers you get disks for both windows and Mac. You can still install from an Adobe download and simply validate with the  serial number from inside the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to do a full backup from within your iMac PSE 10, and then use the Restore command on your Windows PC. Assuming that you are backing up to an external drive, make sure that the drive is formatted such that it can be read by both computers. Once you have completed the restore process, make sure all of your tags etc are present. 

You may find this video helpful. There are other posts in this blog discussing the backup and restore process for PSE.

How to do a Full Backup in Photoshop Elements 14 – Don's Digital Photo Corner – Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines