• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VMWare Fusion vs. Parallels Desktop for Mac + Captivate?

Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm likely to purchase a new MacBook Pro in the very near future, and wish to run Captivate on it. I've seen a few posts in this forum by folks using VMWare Fusion with mixed results. The posts are a couple of years old, so I'm curious to get the latest thoughts.

1. Which software -- VMW or Parallels -- would you recommend to run Captivate, and why?

2. Which version of Windows should I purchase?

3. What configuration do you recommend for the Mac: RAM, processor speed, hard drive speed (7200 vs 5400 rpm)?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear good things about both. I use Parallels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about Macs, but I thought I would mention that Adobe is working on a specific Captivate Mac version in case you didnt know.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2009 Aug 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I use VMWare Fusion on a souped up PC platform. I had been away from the MAC platform for over 10 years and had to allow myself time to get used to the new MAC OS interface. I found that switching between VMWare Fusion and the MAC OS was straightforward - after I got used to things. Since I don't want to invest in a new Adobe Technical Suite and a new Adobe CS4 Master Collection, I use VMWare Fusion on a daily basis.

I would much rather run everything on a real MAC, but since that alternative is not economic (nor are all features available) I am happy to run the MAC OS with my graphics card, and still have the full benefits of the graphics card when I'm running Photoshop and Illustrator from VMWare Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check your licensing, as Adobe allows use of most software on two different computers now, Mac or PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not for Captivate AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources