Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects 2017 crashing on launch.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

My after effects (I installed a 2017.0 after effects trial) won't even open up or give me an error which is really annoying because I'd then be able to troubleshoot it myself. I don't really know how to fix this. I have all my drivers updated. I'm even installing on a clean pc (no older versions of any adobe product on my hard drive). I'm not sure if anyone has been able to fix this or not. I've tried reinstalling after effects 2017.0 and still nothing. I'm at a loss on what to do any help will greatly be appreciated!

-Miles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Speckful wrote:

Ok, I'll try that once I get home. No, I have Emsisoft.

That's it! Emsisoft is causing the problem There have been other reports on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug fix update that released last night. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling after the update goes live for where you are.

Wait, do you have any AVG security software installed by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a trial because I'm not sure if I want to get the newest one. There was no update for me.

EDIT: I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still gives me the same dialogue in the video.

updatesadboe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speckful wrote:

That's it! Emsisoft is causing the problem There have been other reports on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now! I had to put in some rules for it to work. I'm curious why it would be blocking it. Do they have new anti pirating measures? What's causing it to be blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Speckful wrote:

It works now! I had to put in some rules for it to work. I'm curious why it would be blocking it. Do they have new anti pirating measures? What's causing it to be blocked?

There have been intermittent issues through the years with various security software and Adobe software. The CC suite of software do a lot of unusual things with ports, etc. that can make some security software get suspicious. For example, the warp stabilizer uses networking protocols. That seems odd, but that's how it is. You should send a bug report to the security software folks to let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Do Have the same Problem in windows 10. I was updated last bug fix version still problem not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try either completely removing your anti virus or set up rules for it not to be blocked. I had to disable behavior blocker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines