• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find a list of supported graphics cards for CC software?

Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to upgrading my R9 380 to an RX 480 and would like to know if it will be supported by CC programs like Premiere Pro 2017 and After Effects 2017 for OpenCL. Currently, my R9 380 works with hardware acceleration even though it doesn't seem to be listed in the supported graphics cards list here:

Premiere Pro System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

If my R9 380 works with these programs and it's not on that list, will the RX 480 also work even though it's not on the list? And where can I find the list of supported graphics cards if I'm looking at the wrong page? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is always out of date when it comes to testing new card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want a GPU that is more effective switch to a nVidia CUDA card.

I searched the Premiere (not Premiere Hardware) and found several references to the RX 480 but no solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find anything info on the Pascal cards either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any new card with more than 1gb vram should be compatible. the nvidia gtx 1000 series and amd rx series should all work. most people here favor nvidia, but we had a few chime in with good results from the rx 480.

side note: the default/reference rx 480 is out of spec for its pcie slot power draw. some custom designed cards, like from asus, should be built in spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines