Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

undoing a save in lightroom from photoshop, please help

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all, I'm new (as you will soon see)

i started in lightroom then I edited images in ps , then saved back to llightroom, gave it 5 stars then did a further 2 things in ps (resized for fb and added watermark) thinking I was clever thought I would resave to lightroom and then give that a 3 star rating thinking I could retrieve the 5 star in the history , any way I cant, the saved pic in lightroom shows me the the 3 star rating and if I hover over  it shows me the other 2 stars (my 5 star first save rating), does anyone understand what I mean and can you help with how to retrieve the first saved pic???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file did you start with in Lightroom? Did you get a message asking you how you wanted to open it? If yes, how did you answer the question?

If you started with a raw file it should have opened directly in Photoshop, without a warning panel. When you saved the PS edits back to LR, a new file would have been created. Hopefully this is what happened.

When you went back to PS a second time and resized it did you just do a save? If so it would have overwritten the first time you edited it in PS.  I'm guessing this is what happened.

The good news is that you should still have the original that you started with in LR, and you can go back and do the work again in PS. However, don't use PS to resize, and add a watermark. That is what the LR export function is for. Google LR Export if you don't know what I am talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time and yes to most of your questions, I will heed your advise from today and use the export in lightroom  for the resize etc, I was just hoping that I could somehow click back to the first save, the 3 test pics I did it with it worked and created another file so I had 3 photo files. but in batch it seems to have been lost. such an amateur mistake but one I will learn from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines