Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

brackets-to-photoshop

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I wanted to share a Brackets extension I made, called brackets-to-photoshop. I honestly don't like ExtendScript at all, I find it to be very buggy and frustrating. That's why I made this extension.

The idea is to use Brackets as your main text editor, and simply click a button, or a shortcut, and execute your script in any Adobe application. After you execute the script you will have a console to verify any returned information that came from the script you just executed.

Since it's using Photoshop's AppleScript API, this extension will only work for MacOS users at the moment. I'm planning on making it compatible with Windows as well.

It initially started as a Photoshop only tool, but I've expanded it to work with multiple Adobe applications, using ExtendScript's native #target application command.

This works with multiple versions of these applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign and Bridge. Here's the list of all the versions it supports:

brackets-to-photoshop/AdobeVersions.json at master · JavierAroche/brackets-to-photoshop · GitHub

How to Install

Search for Brackets-To-Photoshop in the Brackets Extension Manager.

How to Use

This extension works on Brackets current document. The file doesn't need to be saved since it's reading directly from the editor.

Click on the Brackets to Photoshop button on your right sidebar, or hit the shortcut Cmd-Shift-P

br-ps-icon.jpg

Console

A console will show up at the bottom displaying any messages returned from Photoshop. Errors will display in red.

br-ps-console.jpg

Console Features

JSON polyfill included to use the following functions:

• JSON.stringify
  • JSON.parse
  • Array.forEach

Array polyfill included to use the following functions:

• Array.forEach

Editor Features

Added ability to log information to the console and use functions such as:

• console.log
  • console.error
  • console.info
  • console.stringify (Logs to the console using JSON.stringify)
  • $.write
  • $.writeln

Some other features

• Include external files in your JSX script when document is saved
  • Display execution time

If you're an avid Adobe scripter, this should be a pretty useful tool for you. Try it out!

I would love some feedback so I can make it better and more useful.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job Javier! Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like ExtendScript ToolKit much and I don't have problem with. Can users of this forum say what kind of bugs caused they changed editor and what they generally don't like about ESTK? Maybe I don't find something, but I see it's very good tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines