• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines keep splitting into smaller lines

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to create a stick figure animation in Animate CC and I was using the line tool to create stick figures. It seems that whenever I rotate a limb, that limb with break up into smaller parts. Like I'll be moving the thigh and the thigh will break in half on its own. I'm not sure if it's due to the Free Transform Tool itself or if there's a setting that causes that to happen. Any ideas?Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

The lines are "splitting" because you're drawing them all onto the same layer and they're merging with each other. To prevent vector objects from merging you have to either group them after drawing, or turn on object drawing mode.

Draw and create objects with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to control the individual parts of the character that you want to animate, you'll need to put each part into a separate layer. Here's a good tutorial that should help to get you started: How to create 2D animation using Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lines are "splitting" because you're drawing them all onto the same layer and they're merging with each other. To prevent vector objects from merging you have to either group them after drawing, or turn on object drawing mode.

Draw and create objects with Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Object Drawing Mode was on. Still did it. Though I didn't think to create seperate layers for individual parts so I guess I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines