• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete the media cached from older versions of AE?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to speed up my RAM previews and  moved my cache folder to my RAID drive as recommended. I also emptied the disk cache and cleaned the database and cache. However I noticed that I have 51 GB in my cache folder of After Effects subdivided into four folders (I'm assuming from earlier versions). They are labeled 14.0, 13.8, 12.2 and 13.7. (File path is Library>Caches>Adobe>After Effects> 14.0  etc)

Can  I delete the contents of these folders? What is in them exactly? Is there anything else I can do to speed up my RAM previews?

My specs are:

After Effects CC  14.0.1.5 of After Effects CC

OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6

Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 13333 MHz DDDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Those are the caches from old projects done in previous versions.  As long as you don't need the caches any more, delete away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the caches from old projects done in previous versions.  As long as you don't need the caches any more, delete away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines