• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Group Into Stacks

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lightroom 6.7 (not CC) on an iMac using Sierra and can't group selected images into stacks while in Library module.  Cmd + G isn't working either.  This action stopped working before updating to 6.7.  Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message do you get?

Are the images in the same folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get any error message; nothing happens.  Yes, they're in the same folder.  Thanks for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try stacking with the menu command Photo > Stacking > Group Into Stack. If that works, then that indicates the problem is with the keyboard shortcut. 

(Should I assume from your user name that you're running LR in English?  There have recently been problems with keyboard shortcuts in other languages.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John:  I tried Photo>Stacking>Group into Stacks and had the same problem.  Yes, I'm running in English. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a folder or in a dumb collection when you try Cmd G? You're not in a smart collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John:  I'm in a regular folder--not a collection or smart collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I only have two suggestions:

1. Try resetting LR's preferences: http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?25197-Resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated That often fixes things when LR goes wonky (though I'm not so sure about your situation).  But it's quick and easy to try.

2. If that doesn' help, post a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR window, with the photos you're trying to stack selected.  Maybe we'll see something we're all missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: I've been out of town. I'll give your suggestions a try tonight or tomorrow and will do as your requested if it works. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: Please skip to the last paragraph.

I'm trying the reset the LR preferences file. However, as you can see from these three screenshots, I can't locate this file.

Top left screenshot is the path that the instructions say to follow, but it doesn't lead to a Library folder.

So, I tried getting there two other way, as shown on the next two screenshots, but they didn't work either.

BTW, when I installed LR I let it put folders/files where it wanted--I didn't specify any user-defined locations. Also I began having the problem of Grouping into Stacks not working a couple weeks ago when I was still using LR 6.0. That's when I decided to upgrade to LR 6.7.

I just went into LR to make a screenshot showing grouping of 4 images into a stack and it worked! So I tried it with several other folders of images, as they also worked. Why now, I have no idea. LR apparently performs self fixes when it sees its user trying (but failing) to reset preferences. I guess I'll just post something like "Problem resolved itself" on the forum--unless you have a better idea.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went into LR to make a screenshot showing grouping of 4 images into a stack and it worked!  So I tried it with several other folders of images, as they also worked.  Why now, I have no idea.  LR apparently performs self fixes when it sees its user trying (but failing) to reset preferences.    I guess I'll just post something like "Problem resolved itself" on the forum--unless you have a better idea.

Sometimes simply restarting LR, or rebooting your computer, can fix intermittent problems.

I'm trying the reset the LR preferences file.  However, as you can see from these three screenshots, I can't locate this file.

I think you were looking at reset instructions for earlier versions of LR.  LR 6 lets you hold down a couple of keys when you start it -- you don't need to find any system files; see the section "Resetting the Preferences File – Lightroom 6/CC only": http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?25197-Resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines